[Mich VHF UHF Society] Fwd: FLASH!! Attention Michigan Amateur Radio Clubs!!

Roger Cox rgcox2 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 06:23:33 CDT 2014

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	FLASH!! Attention Michigan Amateur Radio Clubs!!
Date: 	Wed, 29 Oct 2014 22:57:47 -0400
From: 	Chip Locke <WB8ALW at ARRL.Net>
To: 	undisclosed-recipients:;

October 30, 2014

IMPORTANT NOTICE - CALL TO ACTION

Michigan Hams: This is our time to get this done. Get this information
to your friends and to your radio club. Unless your next club meeting is
in the next week, don't wait for the next meeting - Send the information
out in an email, make phone calls, and make every effort to get the
maximum number of letters to the members of the House Energy and
Technology Committee. Be creative and GET OUT THE VOTE!!

We can do this!

PRB-1 UPDATE

To the hams of Michigan:

Here is an important update from our State Government Liaison, Ed Hude,
WA8QJE on the status of the PRB-1 project here in Michigan.

In September, 2014, Senator Nofs and the members of the Senate Energy
and Technology Committee unanimously reported SB 0493 favorably to the
Committee of the Whole. The Senate held the third reading of the bill on
October 22, 2014 and the Senate passed the bill unanimously.

Now our bill is heading to the House of Representatives for their
consideration. It is expected that the bill will be assigned to the
Energy and Technology Committee in the House and it is time for our
membership to communicate with the Chairman and the members of the
Committee.

This is where I need your help. I am asking that each and every one of
you contact the Committee Chair and the Committee Members of the House
Energy and Technology Committee to encourage them to take action on this
bill.

This communication can be best done by email. Below the attached sample
message is a listing of the Chairman and members of the committee and
their House website where you can cut and paste your letter on their
website or their email address where you can use your word processor to
generate your letter. It is acceptable for anyone to send a note to all
of the Committee Members, even if you don’t live in his or her district.
Just make sure that your subject line is “House Energy and Technology
Committee”. That will get the necessary attention.

The following is a suggestion as to what to include in your message.  If
you deviate from this message, please be respectful and communicate in a
professional tone. Please be sure to carbon copy or “cc:” both myself
and our Section Manager Larry Camp, WB8R.

You do not need to be a licensed operator to send this message.  Even
your spouse can send a separate message. (Just be sure to not place a
call sign in the signature)

Let’s work together and keep this moving forward!!! Thank you.

Ed, WA8QJE

EMAIL MESSAGE EXAMPLE:

SUBJECT:  House Energy and Technology Committee and SB 0493

Representative   ___________,

I am asking that you please give consideration to scheduling SB 0493 for
review and passage within the House Energy and Technology Committee.
Senate Bill 0493, if passed, will recognize the Federal Communications
Commission preemption of PRB-1. This will help all licensed Amateur
Radio Operators across the State of Michigan, especially in the times of
needed emergency communications.  Your assistance as well as that of the
other committee members is urgently needed.

Regards,

(Name)
(Call sign)
(Address)
(Email Address)

Cc: wa8qje at arrl.net
wb8r at arrl.org

House Energy and Technology Committee Members

Aric Nesbitt (R) Committee Chair, 66th District
http://gophouse.org/representatives/southwest/nesbitt/contactnesbitt/

Mike Shirkey (R) Majority Vice-Chair, 65th District
http://gophouse.org/representatives/central/shirkey/contactshirkey/

Jeff Farrington (R) 30th District
http://gophouse.org/representatives/southeast/farrington/contactfarrington/

Ray Franz (R) 101st District
http://gophouse.org/representatives/northernmi/franz/contactfranz/

Bradford Jacobsen (R) 46thDistrict
http://gophouse.org/representatives/southeast/jacobsen/contactjacobsen/

Rick Outman (R) 70th District
http://gophouse.org/representatives/southeast/jacobsen/contactjacobsen/

Peter Pettalia (R) 106th District
http://gophouse.org/representatives/northernmi/pettalia/contactpettalia/

Amanda Price (R) 89th District
http://gophouse.org/representatives/westmi/price/contactprice/

Wayne Schmidt (R) 104th District
http://gophouse.org/representatives/northernmi/schmidt/contactschmidt/

Dale Zorn (R) 56th District
http://gophouse.org/representatives/southeast/zorn/contactzorn/

Joseph Graves (R) 51st District
http://gophouse.org/representatives/southeast/graves/contactgraves/

Dan Lauwers (R) 81st District
http://gophouse.org/representatives/thumb/lauwers/contactlauwers/

Martin Howrylak (R) 41st District
http://gophouse.org/representatives/southeast/howrylak/contacthowrylak/

Thomas Stallworth (D) Minority Vice-Chair, 7th District
thomasstallworth at house.mi.gov

Rudy Hobbs (D) 35th District
rudyhobbs at house.mi.gov

David Nathan (D) 8th District
davidnathan at house.mi.gov

Bill LaVoy (D) 17th District
billlavoy at house.mi.gov

Marilyn Lane (D) 31st District
marilynlane at house.mi.gov

Charles Brunner (D) 96th District
charlesbrunner at house.mi.gov

Henry Yanez (D) 25th District
henryyanez at house.mi.gov

Collene Lamonte (D) 91st District
collenelamonte at house.mi.gov

Phil Phelps (D) 49th District
repphelps at house.mi.gov

Larry Camp, WB8R
ARRL Michigan Section Manager

*ARRL, the national association for Amateur Radio™*
(H) 517.278.0406
(C) 517.617.4883
wb8r at arrl.org <mailto:sewald at arrl.org>