[Mich VHF UHF Society] Aurora

Roger Cox rgcox2 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 17:09:08 CST 2014

I saw that KF6A Dano had worked someone on 50 MHz Au and others in
Canada were still working or hearing beacons.  After I got the radio
turned on, I didn't see any more posts, so it may have faded out. It
looks like the K index peaked out around 5 early this morning.
http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/products/planetary-k-index

The Ursids may peak sometime tonight, but it is a very concentrated
shower, so it may be difficult to hit the exact peak.  The
near-real-time radar might help.
http://fireballs.ndc.nasa.gov/cmor-radiants/

Roger